Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Flower for Mother's Day

 Good morning I hope you are having a great week! 

My post today is inspiration for a Mother's Day card using Maker Forte Products.

I designed this card using Hello Spring Layering Stamp Set. I gathered the products I was going to be using but as always I add to this!

 I did switch Racing Green ink for Distress inks - more about that later.

I started by stamping the outline of the flower with Remarkable Eclipse Black Ink this gave me a crisp image to work with for the stamp layers:


My first layer of the flower was stamped with Grape Ink This was a solid layer and it gives a base for the rest of the layers. As I didn't have a slightly darker purple ink, I used Grape again for the next layer but I stamped it 3 times which darkens the ink:


The last of the 3 layers I stamped with Sugar Plum Ink this gives a dark shadow which gave the impression of depth to the image.


To brighten the flower I stamped the center and stamens with California Love ink. This brightened the center of the flower. To be able to see the stamens over the purple flower I stamped them multiple times so the yellow ink was visible.


Distress inks were used for the leaves, I decided Racing Green Ink was too dark for the base and didn't layer well with the distress colors I own. I started with Evergreen Distress Ink, the second layer was Lucky Clover and last layer I used Hickory Smoke - A gray that added enough shadow for the depth of the leaves.


Evergreen Bough Distress ink was used for the stem.

I wanted to give a halo around the flower so using the included Stencil, I covered my stamped image and using Grape Ink and a blending brush I inked a faint shadow around the covered image.


The stamp set includes 2 sentiments Hello Spring and Happy Mother's Day - the latter was the one I used on the card inking it with Remarkable Eclipse Ink.


Now to build my card. My base card was an A2 Top Folding Base, I wanted to add more color to my card so I trimmed the stamped card down to 4x5.5in.


I then matted my base card with a piece of Coronation Purple Cardstock cut to 4.25x5.5in. My image was then adhered using foam tape to give a slight dimension.


Finally I added a few Lemon Crown Jewel Gems. I chose this color to bring out the yellow in the center of the flower, they also have a slight purple iridescence to them.


 Thank you for taking time to read my post and if you are a Mom - I hope you have an amazing Mother's Day!




No comments: