Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Easter Blessings

 Good afternoon! I sure wish Spring would show it's self and stay! Easter is almost on us and I'm going to be sharing a few cards I have made over the course of this week.

The one I'm sharing today is using the gorgeous Layering Spring Floral Dies from Maker Forte


I love Layering Spring Floral dies, they are so striking on a card that very little else is needed. I started by collecting all the products I would be using:

The die is a 4 part layering collection. I cut 4 piece of different shades of yellow card just large enough for the dies. I backed these pieces with Stick It adhesive sheets before adding the dies.

The coating on these dies means that they cut like butter and the design releases from the die really easy despite some fine areas on the cuts.

Using Stick It means that I don't need to worry about glue showing through the open areas of the layers. They stack beautifully and so easily. I love the finished effect looks just like a carved egg.

I added the finished layered egg to a Top Folding A2 Card Base which I folded using the Right On Point Bone Folder.

As I said previously, this die cut doesn't need much else as it's so pretty on its own. I did want to add a sentiment to make this an Easter card. Sending Easter Blessings from the He Is Risen Stamp Set fit perfectly.

I stamped it with Versafine Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment was cut down in to a strip and added with foam squares across the egg.

Finally I wanted to add some bling and the Lemon Crown Jewel Gems fit perfectly in some of the flowers.

I adhered the gems in place with Maker's Magic Crystal Clear Glue. This works great for tiny items when used with the Micro Brush Applicators. I applied a small amount of glue to a Sticky Paws and dipped the brush in giving me the perfect amount of glue for the gems.

My card was finished - I made an identical card using purple card stock and a different sentiment from the He Is Risen set.

Thank you for taking time to read my post and I hope it has given you inspiration for both your Easter cards and for using these gorgeous dies.



No comments: