Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Impressive Heat Embossing

  Good afternoon! How can it be Sunday already? I wish time would slow down!

I'm back today with my latest submission for my AECP - This class was all about using heating embossing in different ways to stretch your stamps and crafting further.

My first card used the technique from class 2 but I also added elements from class 6, using clear embossing powder to give you a watermark effect - darkening the cardstock:


I started with 2 pieces of cardstock the same size, one green and one white. Using my MISTI I arranged by leaf stamps from the wild fern set long one side of the white card and stamped in green ink. I then, without moving the stamps, switched out the white card for the green piece and stamped the leaves in embossing ink. Turning the card 180 degrees and using embossing ink I stamped the leaves of the opposite side of the green card. I switched this out for the white card and stamped the leaves in green ink. This gave me 2 pieces of card stock both with leaves stamped down their long side. Using clear embossing powder I heat embossed the images on green card. which made the leaves look a darker shiny green.

I die cut the green piece with a rectangle die and when I laid this over the white card I could line up the leaves so they looked like complete leaves just in 2 different greens. These pieces were adhered together using wet glue so I had 'wiggle' time to make sure they were lined up correctly.


My next techniques was from lesson 6 I die cut the word 'Love' and heat embossed it layering the embossing ink and clear powder 4 times to give me a smooth raised die cut that looked like it was enameled. The mistake I made with this is I used clear embossing powder, I should have used white as the clear starts to yellow when you get multiple layers.

I worked out where I wanted my die cut and stamped the remainder of my sentiment directly on my green cardstock and heat embossed with with white powder.

I adhered my design onto a black A2 card base with foam tape to give dimension, lined up the Love with my stamped sentiment and added a few cream colored sequins to balance the card.


My second card for heat embossing techniques used lesson 4 - using embossing powder instead of colored ink for a layered stamp image:


I found this a much harder technique to do and did multiple attempts in multiple colors before I was happy with my results. 

The first struggle was finding embossing powders for my layers. I used build a flower Fashion Monger Dahlia which has 4 layers for the main flower and 2 for the center. 

I started with the solid layer in a pale pink color. the tick was to make sure each layer was fully cooled before adding the next. My second layer isn't as obvious on the photos but it was a slightly darker pink with glitter. The 3rd layer was a brighter pink.  I added my center in yellow after this, I chose to just do one of the center layers. My last layer was the outline of the flower. I initially tried gold for this but I lost the definition of the flower and the outline lines looked too thick so tried again with a pearlized white and liked this much better.

I only used one layer for my leaf, I used both gold and silver embossing powder on this and decided to go with the silver,

My flower and leaves were die cut ready to go on my card

I added a strip of glitter washi tape to the top of a landscape white A2 card base, This is actually nearer the base color of the flower but the camera shows it darker.

I matted a piece of grey cardstock over this and arranged my flower and leaves using both wet glue and foam tape in the corner of the card.

I cut my sentiment 4 times and used Magenta ink to color one of these. I stacked these together and adhered in place. 

I didn't have any embellishments in coordinating colors so I used clear gems and colored them with alcohol markers to match the pink in my sentiment.


Thank you for taking time to ready my very long post!!

Altenew products I used:

Envelope Liner Die Set
Envelope Liner Die Set
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Magenta
Crisp Dye Ink - Magenta
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Embossing Ink
Embossing Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Silver Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Build a Flower Fashion Monger Dahlia stamp and Die set
Build a Flower Fashion Monger Dahlia stamp and Die set
Purchase From:
ALW
Wild Fern Stamp Set
Wild Fern Stamp Set
Purchase From:
ALW

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This is fantabulous work! I love that green card. There is just something about the leaves.
Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.