Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Altenew Educators Certification - Magical Markers

 Good afternoon, after a week without power and extreme temperatures I'm ready for some cooler weather - shame the forecast doesn't agree!

My post today is my submission cards for my latest AECP class - Magical Markers by Sara Naumann - it's all about using alcohol markers but not just for coloring - there are so many techniques you can do with them.

My first card was designed using markers with a stencil:


I used the Weave builder stencil and 2 shades of grey marker. Coloring through the stencil I did the first 2 rows in a darker pen. I then flipped the stencil and used a lighter markers to color the first 2 rows on this side. I think it has given a tire track effect.

I matted a white A2 card base with black and grey cardstock, trimmed my stenciled piece down and matted this onto the same black card before adhering it to the left side of my card base.

Thanks was diecut twice once from white cardstock and once from black - I colored the white with the same lighter grey marker as the stenciled panel so it coordinated. I then attached this to the black to the back of the grey sentiment slightly off center giving me a shadow. When I adhered this to my card it stood out due to this shadow. 

To finished the card I stamped 'a million' underneath thanks. 


My next card uses techniques from lessons 3& 4


I started by stamping my feather and sentiment onto vellum. While this was drying I cut a piece of card stock slightly smaller than my A2 card base. I then scribbled a purple and bright pink directly onto my glass mat. I added isopropyl alcohol to the colors and picking them up with a splatter brush made splatters over my piece of card. I then edged this with ink by running the purple marker round the piece. I cut another piece of cardstock same length but slightly wider than my vellum and edged this in the same way.

Once dry I colored my feather using 2 alcohol markers, starting with light and adding depth with darker one. I then pounced my lighter marker over the coloring to give me texture. I adhered the vellum to the strip of card and then added this to my splattered piece. Using foam tape I attached this topper to my card base.

Finally I colored some white pearls with the darker purple marker and added these to the card.


My final card used a technique from Lesson 2 - coloring peel-offs with alcohol markers.


I cut a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than my A2 card base. then using the wide tip of a blue marker I colored 4 strips of silver peel-offs. Once dry I laid these on the white card making a crossed border in one corner.

Beautiful Day is still my favorite stamp set. I stamped a flower and leaf outline and colored these with 3 shades of blue marker. They were then die cut with coordinating dies.

I arranged these on the bottom of my card near the crossed peel-offs. There was a lot of white space so I stamped directly onto the card with some of the included flower spray stamps and colored these with same color markers as main flower. I stamped the sentiment above these balancing my design.

The white card was added to a grey card base and the leaves were glued directly to the card and flower added with foam squares. 

Finally I colored a white pearl with a black marker and added this to the center of my diecut flower.


Thank you for taking time to read.
If you like what I have made please let me know in the comments.


Altenew products I used:

Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Coverstock
Purchase From:
SSS | AZN | ALW
Beautiful Day Stamp & Die set
Beautiful Day Stamp & Die set
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Crisp Dye Ink - Jet Black
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Envelope Liner Die Set
Envelope Liner Die Set
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Thanks Die
Thanks Die
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Magenta
Crisp Dye Ink - Magenta
Purchase From:
ALW
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Crisp Dye Ink - Forest Glades
Purchase From:
SSS | ALW
Embossing Ink
Embossing Ink
Purchase From:
ALW
Silver Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Powder
Purchase From:
ALW
Build a Flower Fashion Monger Dahlia stamp and Die set
Build a Flower Fashion Monger Dahlia stamp and Die set
Purchase From:
ALW
Wild Fern Stamp Set
Wild Fern Stamp Set
Purchase From:
ALW
Halftone Thanks Stamps
Halftone Thanks Stamps
Purchase From:
ALW
Weave Builder Stencil
Weave Builder Stencil
Purchase From:
ALW
Mini Delights - Strength Stamp & Die
Mini Delights - Strength Stamp & Die
Purchase From:
ALW
Vellum Translucent Paper
Vellum Translucent Paper
Purchase From:
ALW

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

I love using markers with stencils! That peel-off makes a great accent! All your cards look so fab and so different from each other. Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.