Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Altenew Educators Certification Program - Let It Shine!

 Good afternoon. It's been a rainy day here today so perfect time to spend time in the craft room.

I haven't done any of my Altenew Educator's Certification Program classes for a while, school and design teams have kept me busy so today I have concentrated my next class which is Let It Shine!

I have made 3 cards for this, my first uses glitter which I have to say is not one of my favorite mediums but I worked outside of my comfort zone and used loose glitter instead of glitter cardstock:


I started with a black A2 card base, I placed double sided tape in strips along the top and right hand side. I then liberally sprinkled glitter over it. I burnished this with my finger and tapped off the excess. This left the glitter on just the tape. 
I then stamped Crown Bloom stamp and leaves using Altenew inks. As I don't yet have the dies for this set I used my Scan N Cut to fussy cut them and arranged on my card. I added a blossom stamp, which is part of Crown Bloom, colored yellow just to break up the red. Finally I die cut a sentiment, dipped it in wet glue and then glitter, once this was dry I arranged on my card.

My next card uses the Ranunculus stamp set and a cool technique:


I stamped the flower and leaf onto matt gold cardstock using embossing ink. I then used clear embossing powder and heat set. It give a cool engraved effect. I matted an A2 black card base with matt silver cardstock and arranged my leaf and bloom. Finally I stamped the sentiment with obsidian ink, added clear embossing powder and heat set it. A few golden pearls just balanced the desgn.

My Final card also uses embossing powder:


Using the Spring Daisy stamp set I stamped the outline of the flowers and leaves with embossing ink, added silver embossing powder and heat set it. This gave me a shiny image. I then stamped with colored ink, giving me complete flowers with shiny outlines. I fussy cut these ready for my design.
I matted a slimline card base with 2 different shades of purple card stock arranged my leaves and flowers both flat and raised with foam tape. I then die cut a sentiment from matt cardstock and added a few clear enamel dots for added shine.

Shopping List:

Altenew Inks: Frosty Pink, Coral BerryJet BlackRuby Red, GrapevineFrayed LeafForest Glade,                            AmethystPale MauveGrape Agate, Mango Smoothie

Other Inks: Versamark, Versafine, Copic Markers.
Embossing Powders: Clear, Sliver
Red Glitter
Cardstock: Black, Silver, Gold, Pale Lilac, Deep Purple
Gems, Clear Enamel, Gold Pearls
Glue and Tape, Double Sided, Foam Tape and wet Glue

I am continuing to learn so many new techniques doing the Altenew Educator Certificate Course, and yes they can be applied to all my card making not just Altenew!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope if you like what you see you will let me know in the comments section.


 



2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Erum Tasneem said...

All cards look beautiful! You have done a good job and the perfect amount of shine!
Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.