Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Junk Journal Card

Good Morning, we still have plenty of snow but it's not impacting on our days which is a bonus.

It's new challenge day over at Arty Divas and we have a fabulous sponsor this time Vectoria Designs among lots of other things they do digital junk journals and I was challenged this time to design using their Botanical Junk Journal. I don't journal in my craft life so I decided I would challenge myself to make a card using the kit.


What I Did:
I started with the tags, I cut one out as a whole and then used 4 more to cut different parts of the flowers and butterflies out. I  made a 5x7in card base from white card and matted this red card, drawing the colors from the tag flowers. I then reduced the size of one of the journal pages, printed it and used this as my design paper. I matted the remaining tag and adhered this to my card. I then used glue gel to layer the tiny flower and butterfly pieces on to this giving the card dimension.


I die cut thanks 3 times from the red card and stacked these on top of one another before adhering in place on my card.
I had extra butterflies left so I again cut these in layers stacked them with gel glue and added above my sentiment


What I Used:
Digital elements: Botanical Junk Journal

Neenah bright white card - for printing the images
Core'dinations premium white cardstock
Core'dinations red cardstock
Collal all purpose glue
Collal glue gel
Hero Arts thanks die
Stick-It adhesive sheets

 Our challenge is anything goes so if you craft or make art you can join in. Just head on over to the blog and add your design!

Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please let me know in the comments







3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

Very beautiful card!

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.