Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pretty Peonies

Good afternoon. It's a gorgeous sunny day here, school has finished today for the summer and we are hoping the weather continues through out!

I am blogging a card I have made for a GDT call at Inspired by Stamping today - the info included a picture to use as inspiration:



From this I chose the color scheme and some of the patterns from the cushions.

My main design detail - the peony stamps were inspired by some of the pillow patterns:


I decided to use different techniques than my usual stamping and coloring and pushed myself to use water colors to give the flowers a more delicate look. 
I embossed the image and a sentiment with Versamark ink pad onto water-color card. Using a mask I made by stamping onto a post-it note, I covered the main flower in order to stamp the leaves behind it. These were heat embossed using gold embossing powder.
Once I had colored the image and allowed to dry I added polka-dot ribbon to the corner (a pattern from one of the cushions in the image above) and then it was then matted it onto pink card. 
I chose some gold embossed card for my backing however this was a cream color so to keep within the theme I color tinted it with distress ink, this resisted the gold pattern on the card allowing it to show through the pink ink. I then added a pink mat to my base card before adhering the patterned card and my matted image.

Ingredients used:
Pink polka-dot ribbon from my stash
gold embossed card - from my stash



Thank you for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave some love in the comments 


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love the flowers. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

This is gorgeous x