Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Shabby Chic

Good evening, morning, afternoon depending on where you are in the world. I hope the Easter bunny ha hopped by your place and left you some yummy goodies!
 
 Today is the start of Challenge 7 over at Lil Patch of Crafty friends. The challenge as always is anything goes and you can find the rules here. The main one to observe is you can only enter 10 challenges along with ours.

As always we have some fab sponsors offering great prizes:
 
 
Prize - $20 to spend in store

 
Prize - 3 images
 

 
Prize - €10
 
For my design team card I have used Michele R Designs who has some gorgeous vintage shabby chic papers and embellishments.

 
The set the design team have been given to use is just stunning. It's called Whimsy Romance and includes, papers, elements and inserts.
I have used one of the 6x6 papers twice, resizing one so I could layer it with the pink card. All the edges of the layers have been distressed before matting them onto a 6x6 card blank. I have then glued some lace across the top layer before adding a post card and bow from the elements packs.
I die cut the With Love from a tattered lace die set and added flowers and pearls from my stash
 
 
Having added the sentiments using a graphics package on my pc I then printed off one of the gorgeous insert sheets for the center of my card.
I tend to shy away from vintage/shabby chic but these papers made it so easy to stick within the theme.
 

7 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Gorgeous Shabby Chic card, love the design and the fact you've showed us the inside too. Great use of MRD papers, stunning, well done xx
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous card, love the layout and colours x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful shabby chic style card! Love the design. Happy Easter!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card!
Very pretty papers
x

Leanne said...

Oh wow, the paper is awesome, great job, love the inside as well. The flowers and lace ribbon, nice touch! Very pretty!
Cheers,
Leanne DT Sister!

Brawny x said...

Very pretty card. X

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! Beautiful papers and elements!