Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, April 3, 2015

Exciting news!!!

Good morning all hope you have some fab things planned for Spring break, we are setting off on a road trip in an RV today so we are very excited!
 
This is not my only exciting news I have been given a place on Wags and Whiskers Fab design team and I and debuting my first card today.
 
Wags and Whiskers are a stamp company who have the most adorable stamps for sale. They run a fortnightly challenge which is themed.
The prize is a Wags and Whiskers rubber stamp.  You can use any stamp for the challenge however, if you use a Wags and Whiskers stamp you will be entered into a second draw to win a digistamp.
Rules are
You can enter any type of paper-craft project.
You can enter 2 times per challenge.
You must use a new project - no back linking.
Follow the theme.
You link must be a direct link to your entry.
 
Now onto this challenge my first make for the design team:
 
 
The theme is use buttons. I have used Snuzzle Love for my image. She has been colored using Spectrum Noir pens and fussy cut. I have to honor the design of my card to Pinterest - not sure where it originated from though. I used Lili of the Valley backing papers matted onto some pink card. I printed the sentiment on some checked paper from the same collection using my pc and glued this to the base paper. I then cut the frame using spellbinder dies, I fixed acetate to this and foam tape to seal the edges. Yellow and pink buttons were placed on top of the checked paper and the frame placed over them making the shaker element. I used a pink fine tip pen for the faux stitching and placed the image on the card. I then used 4 square pink buttons with bakers twine threaded through them for further embellishments.
Mollie has already claimed the card as she says the girl looks just like her - and she's not wrong!!
 
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon! this is too darn cute! I love the buttons as the shaker card! Congratulations!!!!!

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations Sharon, and loving your card!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful card, the image is adorable and congrats on your DT. Chris xx

Lou Sims said...

Really cute card and love how the image is on top of the shaker bit. Lou x

jane stillman said...

Congratulations Sharon. Love the sweet image x

Unknown said...

So very pretty
Love the image
Thank you for sharing
x

Unknown said...

Fantastic news, Sharon, congratulations, a beautiful card to boot, super cute image and fabulous detail hun, hugs xxx

Judith said...

Hi Sharon - just called in to say hello and sign up to follow you. i love your pretty card, such a lovely design - enjoy your road trip! - your new W&W teamie judith x