Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

So Suzy Stamps Blog Hop

 
Good morning and welcome to the So Suzy Stamp's April release blog hop
 
 
Yes the store has some gorgeous goodies that are being released today and we the design team are doing a blog hop to celebrate. If you follow the hop and comment on each blog the you could be in with a chance of winning a $15 gift certificate.
 
You will have until 5th April at 11.59pm to comment and winners will be chosen at random and will be announced on the So Suzy blog and Facebook page on April 6th.
 
You should be arriving here from the lovely Jennifer's blog, if you stumbled in from elsewhere then just head on over to the So Suzy Stamps blog for the full hop list
 
So on to the release and the start of April's challenge. This month the theme is birthdays you can enter as many times as you want the only rules being use a So Suzy Stamp and follow the theme Simple!!!
 
I have used one of the fab new stamps girl on a swing:
 
 
Isn't she just adorable!!! I have colored her with my Spectrum Noir pens and added Polychromo pencil to her hair for more texture. The backing paper is from a Papermania capsule collection. I have used a spellbinder die to cut the tree twice, once on brown card and the second on the green. These have been placed on top of each other and the tree trunk in the green has been cut away to show the brown underneath. The flowers were made using a small flower punch, shaped and glued to the tree.
 I placed a water-colored background behind the tree and then used pop stickers to fix the little girl in place. This was then matted onto the background paper.
The sentiment was printed from my pc onto the same paper used in the background. I then matted this onto some of the brown card. I die cut some vines and added some of the flowers around the sentiment to tie in with the image.
I think you would agree the little darling is so sweet.
 
Thanks for stopping by and if you are following the blog hop you need to hop on over to Kim's blog to see what fab makes she has designed. Oh and don't forget to stop by either the So Suzy Facebook group or the blog and enter our challenge!
 
Before I go, did you know that So Suzy Stamps can be found on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. She also has a showcase Facebook Group - So Suzy Stamps Flaunt it if you made it - where you can show your own designs (and enter our challenge) made with these fab stamps.
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

So cute!

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Sharon, this is gorgeous, loving the cute image and fabulous die.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cm said...

You've created an adorable scene with your beautifully coloured little fairy and oh-so-pretty tree. Eye-catching, smile-making and day-brightening!
~c

Unknown said...

SHARON! Love the card! Love the blue background of the girl in the swing! It totally makes her blend into the card! I need to remember this!!! Amazing job, my friend! (Wow! You and Jennifer said nice things about each other LOL)

Sharon Smith said...

Hey Jennifer and I love one another really :) xxxxx

Mary said...

She is so cute! Love the sentiment

TerriLynn said...

I love all the many elements that make up a really very cute card! Really Cute!!

Maria Pilar said...

Ohhh, so sweet composition!!!!!! Love it!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you used the dies to make the tree and the branch for the little girls swing.
The flowers are so pretty. She is colored so nicely.
this card is really wonderful.
thanks for sharing.

Waving My Wand said...

I love this! Is the little girl cut with an svg as well? I just wondered. Fabulous job with the coloring.

Sharon Smith said...

Terri I do believe that the SVG will become available - I have hand cut the one on my card

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Adorable image! What a great card and all the cutting just pops! So fun!

Edwina said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the tiny yellow flowers you added to the tree and vines. This sweet fairy image is so cute. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So fun! Love the tree! Carri~Abusybee
New Skittles Colors Just Released!