Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A little help from a friend

Good evening (or morning if you are in Australia!) I can't believe how quickly this year is passing - March already and we are still under a few feet of snow!  
 
Today is the start of Challenge five over at Lil Patch of Crafty friends. The challenge as always is anything goes and you can find the rules here. The main one to observe is you can only enter 10 challenges along with ours.
 
Once again we have some fab sponsors offering great prizes:
 
The Stamping Boutique Offering 2 images but can get 3 if you use a TSB image
 
Flat Friends Boutique Offering 3 images
 
Concetta Kilmer Offering 3 images
 
I have used an image from the Stamping Boutique for my design team make
 
 
This is Help from a friend I loved this image as soon as saw it, you can just imagine the poor fairy collapsed from exhaustion (Or she has been partying and had a little too much nectar to drink!!!)  and the loving butterfly picking her up and carrying her home. I have colored her and the background with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and although it doesn't show on the photo I have used clear Wink of Stella on her wings, parts of the butterfly wings and the sparkle effects in the background. I cut the image using a spellbinder die. I have then matted yellow card onto a white card blank and used some backing paper from Linda Ravenscroft's A touch of Magic cd. I have added some yellow ribbon and a die cut butterfly as embellishments.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Denise Goeldner said...

Your card is beautiful Sharon, love the simplicity and the colours go so well together, well done.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}