Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valetines cards

Good morning from - wait for it yes you've guessed a snowy Michigan!!! We have had extremely cold weather over the last few days and it is set to stay for at least the next week. Snow flurries keep falling and it is way too cold to walk the poor puppies!
 
We had planned a gathering at our home for Valentine's Day - It was exactly a year since we bought the house and we thought what better way to celebrate than with people who have become good friends over the last 12 months! Well Mother Nature put paid to that! We had blizzards with snow blowing so hard visibility was down to zero! The only person brave enough to risk it was the food delivery guy which meant we had enough subs, pizza and salad to feed us for this coming week!
 
Anyway we made the best of it - I got some coloring done and we managed to reduce the amount of programs on the DVR! I can now share the card I made for Kev:
 
 
I used Crafter's Companion Centura pearl card for the base and face of this card. I die cut a heart shape from the top layer. Then used some red Core'dinations card and a memory box die for the insert. I stamped the sentiment using So Suzy's Happy Valentine's Day sentiment stamp and added 3 Double Click Skittles just to balance the design.
 
A very CAS card but that is my favorite kind to make!
I have entered this card into the following challenge
 
Kraftyhands - Hearts and Flowers
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card! CAS are my favorite kind of cards too!!!

jane stillman said...

What a shame you couldn't celebrate, but at least you didn't starve!! lol A beautiful card, love the heart and Clean and simple design x

Linda Simpson said...

Such a shame Mother Nature didn't play nice with the weather. A beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon what a shame that the weather put an end to your celebrations. You have made a beautiful card. Hugs Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hello Sharon, sorry you didn't get to celebrate, a beautiful CAS card. Love the heart.

Chrissy xx

Jeanette58 said...

Hi Sharon, Gorgeous CAS card, thank you for joining us over at the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge. Hugs Jeanette xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely CAS creation! Thank you for sharing at Kraftyhands and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

julie_woolston said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Kraftyhands Challenge.
Hugs Julie xxx