Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Hoppy Valentines

Good Morning - I'm back with another Valentine's Day card. Here is the US kids celebrate Valentines with their school class. Mollie's fab teacher loves frogs - the whole classroom is decorated in the little green creatures so what better card to make than a frog one:
 
 
This dapper little man is a stamp from Personal Impressions. I have had him forever but this is the first time I have allowed him out of the packet!
I have colored him with Spectrum Noirs giving him a smart little red vest and bow tie so he is ready for Valentine's Day!
The backing papers are from Crafter's Companion's Beatrix Potter collection (which unfortunately has been retired now )from the Jeremy Fisher CD. I have matted them onto Green card.
I have inked the card around the image trying to get the effect of grass around him and die cut both him and some more of the green card with a X-cut die. A few Double-Click Skittles and a sentiment typed up on my pc add to the theme.
 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you had a 'Hoppy' Valentine's day too!
 

3 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Sharon, loving the very dapper frog!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card I love the frog. Hugs Jackie

jane stillman said...

He certainly is a dapper frog, great Valentine's card x