Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

A little under the Weather

Hello and welcome to Challenge number 3 at Little Patch of Crafty Friends.
 
We have 3 more fab Sponsors for our challenge and they are offering some great prizes:
 
Faery Ink giving away a prize of 3 of their images
 
That Craft Place Ltd giving a prize of 3 images
 
Oddballs Art Giving 3 images also!
 
The challenge is anything goes all you have to do is follow our simple rules which can be found here. For inspiration each of the design Team has chosen and image from the sponsors. My creation is using an Oddball image called Big eyed Emo Girl Under a Rain Cloud with Glasses
 
 
I have used my Polychromo Pencils to color her and she is slightly out of my comfort zone being an Emo girl - but think the colors I have chosen fit her mood! As she is under a cloud I typed an "under the weather" sentiment on the pc and matted this onto 2 shades of purple Core'dinations card. I used a Crafters Companion Embossalicious folder to emboss the cloud design onto some of the same card and sanded this back to make the pattern pop. I have then used a Memory Box set of cloud dies for added embellishment. The edges of my topper and the clouds have been color tinted with distress ink as a finishing touch.
 
Come along and join us at Little Patch of Crafty Friends and enter the fab challenge you never know you may win!
 
 

3 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Awesome cared, love the colour combo and your image is showcase so well. You've done a fabulous job of creating the lovely scene for out of your comfort zone, well done Sharon, you should be very proud of yourself, keep up the great work.
~ Denise ~
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Amy A said...

oh my gosh Sharon, I absolutely ADORE this card. Fantastic job! I love the embossed cloud BG and your layout with the 3D clouds is stunning. Love it all really. Great work hun.

hugs,
Amy- DT SIS
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Leanne said...

Way to go, love the clouds rain drops over the image...nicely done. Great details. Nice image and colored wonderful. Cheers! Very full of Awesomeness!