Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, January 2, 2015

New stamp release from So Suzy Stamps!

Good morning from a snowy Michigan - yes it's finally returned and looking at the forecast there is lots more to come over the next few days and temperatures are due to drop wit the wind chill getting as low as -10! luckily we are planning on a weekend at home!



 Wow! Have you seen the fab new stamps released today over at So Suzy Stamps!!! There are some gorgeous ones ready for your Valentines crafting and of course the peacock makes his full debut today - if you've been watching Facebook you may have been lucky enough to catch him on pre-order!
 
On to my card for both the new release and the start of the January challenge - Which is easy to enter  The rules are simple and can be found here - all you have to do is add one of your makes using So Suzy Stamps to the linky. The theme this month is something new - so what's more fitting than one of So Suzy Stamps New stamps:
 
 
This Gorgeous stamp is called two cats in a tree. I have used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the different sections before stamping it - it is one stamp but by doing this I have been able to color the cats black and the branch and leaves in brown and green. You can just make out that the cats have a little love hearts in between them as well as their tails curled into a heart. It is adorable. I have added the sentiment which is from a Crafter's Companion Sentimentals Set.
As I have a small amount of red in my stamped image I decided to use this as the main backing for the card. I have punched inverted corners into this and matted this, the image and papers (with skeletal leaves printed on) all onto black card. I have used distress ink to take the stark whiteness away from the image also. The card has then been finished off with some liquid pearls in each of the corners.
 
Before I go did you know that So Suzy Stamps can be found on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Yes you should join us there and find more inspirations and fun!!
 
Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

Brawny x said...

Fab card. Love the sentiment x

Linda Simpson said...

How adorable, love the sentiment. Happy New Year to you all!
Hugs
Linda xxx

lady jasmine crafts said...

beautiful card xx

Jan said...

this is so elegant xx Jan