Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Scouting outdoors

Good afternoon! Where is this year going. We are already in the 6th month but it feels as though we have missed half of those!

As it's the first Saturday of the Month its time for Scrapper's Delights to have a new Kawaii release and wow is it a cute one this month.

                     

                     

Not only have they released the little characters but also a whole host of props to use with them.
My first card is using the Scout and images from both of the prop sets:


What I Did:
Scouts and Camping Props
I started by building my scene with the props and little girl scout including adding marshmallows for her to toast. I added the sentiment and once arranged I resized and printed on to stamping card.
I colored the scene with alcohol markers, As Mollie is a girl scout I had to color the image in the colors she currently wears. The clouds were made by using a stencil and distress ink.
I then matted a 5x7in card base with black cardstock and added my image. The scene is so busy that it didn't need any embellishing.


The next image is Cute As a Bug and wow is she cute:

What I Did:
Cute as A Bug
I resized the image, added the sentiment and printed her onto stamping card. She was colored with alcohol markers her dress is plain but I just had to add ladybug dots. The clouds were done the same as the camping scene just lighter!
My 5x7in card base was matted with black card and some digital design paper that has an adorable ladybug border.
I matted the image with the same black card and used foam tape to adhere her to the card.

What I Used:
Scout:
Digital Stamps: Stamper's Delights Scouts, Scout Props and Camping Props
Stamping Card: Xpress-It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
Stencil: Picket Fence, Layers of Cloud
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass
White card for base: Core'Dinations Premium cardstock heavy weight
Black Card: Core'dinations
Glue: Zipdry

Cute As A Bug
Digital Stamps: Stamper's Delights Cute as a Bug
Stamping Card: X-press It
Alcohol Markers: Copic
Stencil: Picket Fence, Layers of Cloud
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Tumbled Glass
White card for base: Core'Dinations Premium cardstock heavy weight
Black Card: Core'dinations
Digital Design Paper: Design Bundles
Glue: Zipdry
Foam Tape: Dollar Store

Head on over to the Stamper's Delights Store to see all of this week’s full new release here's what they look like:




Why not stop by the Stamper's Delight Facebook page for regular news on and inspiration from my Teamies you can also enter the progressive challenge there, no blog needed and you can receive the freebies to enter with! 





We also have a monthly challenge where you can enter any makes you do!

Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave a comment to let me know!




1 comment:

Fikreta said...

these are so cute!