Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2020

All About Layering 2

Good evening! It's been a warm one today which doesn't help my pain but hey cool air in the house and a well stocked craft room helps me get by!

Tonight's post is to showcase the work I have done for the Altenew Educators Certification Program and is the 2nd class I have taken - All about Layering 2.

My first card uses the gorgeous Peony Bouquet stamp set. I love this set, It's an older one but the stamps layered together make some stunning flowers:


What I Did:
I started the card with white cardstock and using the palest of the ink collections I stamped the Peony outline and leaves in random positions.
Then using Nicole's technique of stamping, I stamped the 4 layers in the beautiful purple soft colors and layered the coordinating leaves.
As I don't own the dies for this set (yet!) I fussy cut the flower and leaves leaving a white edge.
I decided where the flower was going to be positioned on my background and then used the same ink as the flower outline to stamp my sentiment.
My background was then adhered to a 4/14 x 51/2 inch card base and my flower and leaves positioned with foam tape.

What I Used:
Stamps: Flowers: Altenew - Peony Bouquet
             Sentiment: Altenew - Dahlia Blossoms
Stamping Card: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Flower: Altenew - Sugar Plum Oval Set; Pale Mauve, Amethyst, Grape Agate & Plum
        Leaves: Altenew - Green Fields Mini Cubes; Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades & Evergreen
        Sentiment: Altenew - Plum Oval

My next card from this class uses the Big World stamp and die set. I bought this set as I feel it is great for masculine themed cards:


What I Did:
I again started with a piece of white stamping cardstock. I chose the 'adventure awaits' sentiment and using my MISTI for positioning I stamped it multiple times diagonally to give me a background.
I stamped the globe using Nicole's techniques - So much easier than trying to figure out positioning!
I then die cut the globe. I die cut the stand 3 times in white scratch card and once in matt silver mirror cardstock. these were stacked and glued together to give dimension.
I adhered a piece of black card to my background using foam tape. Then added my globe stand and globe (making sure I got it the right way up!) I then stamped my sentiment on white stamping card and adhered this across my globe.
My design was then glued to a top opening black card base.

What I Used:
Stamps: Altenew - Big World
Stamping Card: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Altenew - Green fields Mini Cubes Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades & Black; Ocean Waves & Misty Morning (background).

Thank you for stopping by and please let me know in the comments if you like what you see


3 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous cards!

Erum Tasneem said...

Your cards look amazing! I love that second masculine card! Way to go!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.