Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, June 12, 2020

Scribbled Flowers & Vintage Roses

Good afternoon! the weather is perfect here today, nice cool temperature with lots of sunshine!

Today's post is another one showcasing some of the work I am doing for the Altenew Educators Certification program. My first card is using the Scribbled Flowers stamp and matching die set as used in lesson 2:


I started this card by using a stencil on some stamping card for my background. I then stamped the flowers and leaves, using 2 layers for the larger flower and layering the centers in to the smaller flowers. These were then die cut ready to be arranged on my card.
My 41/4 x51/2in card base was matted with coordinating cardstock and the stenciled topper. I arranged my flowers and leaves then adhered them in multiple heights with foam tape. I stamped a couple of leaves in a darker shade of green directly onto the card.
The sentiment, which is from the same stamp set, was stamped in black ink and I added a few different sized clear enamel dots to finish the design

My Second card was from lesson 3 and I have used the Vintage Roses Stamp set:


I started this card with a blank 4 x 51/4in stamping card. I stamped a few sizes of the layered roses and leaves to design a background effect. I then matted this on to a black 41/4 x 5/1/2in card base. I stamped out my sentiment using black ink and then used my scan n cut to cut this out along with 3 more just using white card stock. These were then stacked together giving my dimension to my sentiment.
I finished the card with a scattering of iridescent gems.

What I used Scribbled flowers card:
Stamps: Altenew - Scribbled Flowers
Dies: Altenew - Scribbled Flowers
Stamping Card: Neenah Solar White 110lb
Ink for Stenciled background: Altenew- Leafy Forest
Ink for Flowers: Altenew - Shades of Purple: Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris and Midnight Violet
Ink for Leaves: Altenew - green Fields: Forest Glades and Evergreen
Purple Cardstock: Core'dinations Premium Cardstock
White Cardstock for Base: Core'Dinations Premium Cardstock Heavy Weight
Clear Enamel Dots: Gina Marie Designs

What I Used for Vintage Roses:
Flower Stamps: Altenew - Vintage Roses
Sentiment Stamp: Concord and 9th - Every Day Bouquet
Ink for Flowers: Altenew - Cool Summer: Sea Glass, Ocean Waves, Dusk, Desert Night
Ink for Leaves: Altenew Green fields: Leafy Forest, Forest Glades and Evergreen
Ink for Sentiment: Altenew Jet Black
Card Base: Lynda Chapman's Black Cardstock
Gems: Studio Katia - Iridescent Snow Crystals

Thank you for stopping by, if you like what you see please let me know in the comments.


2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi your cards are gorgeous. They are both so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Karen Brown said...

Such pretty cards! I am in group #17 too and look forward to seeing your future cards. :-)