Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Happy Forever Day

Yesterday was a special day for a little girl who is very close to our hearts. 
Let me tell you why.
I have a very close friend who lives 2 doors away from me and, if we could, I think our houses would be connected. We originally met through James's school, she was his science teacher. Then last year she told us that she would be moving into our neighborhood. Moving was a very fraught time for her and through this we became close and now are like sisters. 

Yesterday we celebrated one of the reason's she is so special it was her youngest daughter's forever day - the day she legally became Jane's adopted daughter. Both her girls are adopted but couldn't ask for a better mom.

To mark the occasion we went for dinner and Renee got to choose what we were eating. Mac and cheese with hot dogs was yummy!

Of course I couldn't let the occasion pass with out making her a card:


I chose Blue Star angel digital stamp from Karen Middleton, Using copic markers I colored her to look like Renee - after all she is an angel sent to shower love and happiness.
 I then matted the image onto pink card. I used Nit whit design papers along with the same pink card to mat and layer my card base. 
The flowers were diecut and I typed and printed the sentiment using my PC.
I added some bright pink pearls to the center of the flowers and in one corner just to balance the design.
I added a verse inside the card which reads:
Adoption is where
A child grows in
Her Mommy's heart 
instead of her tummy

Dinner was delicious and was finished off with some pink and purple princess cupcakes. 
Thank you Jane and Renee for letting us celebrate your special day with you!

  Products used:
  pearls from my stash

Thank you for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave me some love in the comments


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif