Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

National Pumpkin Day

Did you know that today is National Pumpkin Day?
Living in quite a rural area this time of year means that all the farmers sell their wares and no matter which way we drive around here we come across pumpkins, squash, apples and other produce for sale on the side of the roads.

To celebrate the day I have a great make to share with you today just for the occasion. Riley and Company have some great Fall images and sentiments and I couldn't resist making something a bit
different with some of them :


Isn't he just the cutest - standing there in his witches hat and hugging a large Jack-o-Lantern.
I colored him with my Copic Markers and fussy cut him. He was then glued onto a strip of acetate so he would stand up. 
The sentiment is also a Riley and Company one from their Funny Bones collection. I stamped this as 2 separate sections, matted them onto green card leaving a tab at the bottom so they would again stand up on my pumpkin base.

I made the pumpkin using strips of orange card I stacked them on top of each other then fastened one end with brads. These were then fanned out and I gathered the other end together to get the round shape. I then glued die cut flourishes to the top and fixed it to some brown card as a base.
I had to make this extra special and although I didn't add any embellishments I did add something more.......


Yes I placed a battery operated tealight in the center of the pumpkin. so it glows!!! 

Thank you for stopping by if you like what you see please leave some love. 

For more inspiration check out the Riley and Company Blog. Or for more news about what the Moose and his pals are up to head on over to the company Facebook page 


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

1 comment: