Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, September 9, 2016

Scarecrow time

Good morning it's that time of year when the farmers are all out harvesting the corn, apple orchards start making all the yummy cider and our local farms hold corn mazes and join in with the harvest parade.
Since moving to a farming community I've come to love fall for all of the above and much more. A tradition in our town is hay bale displays where local businesses will decorate hay bales as all sorts of characters. 
Another theme I've seen is scarecrows made out of the dried hay and corn stalks. This leads me to my latest make. Craftin Desert Divas have changed their competitions and are now having a social media challenge. If you head over to the Facebook page you will see a theme board for this months challenge all you have to do it make something using any of their products - follow the theme and post around social media with the tag #CDDMONTHLY to be in with a chance of winning Craftin Desert Diva gift cards.

On to my inspiration for this I have used Welcome Fall Scarecrow although he's not very scary:


Isn't he just the cutest???

I printed 2 versions of him, one on white card and one on brown. I colored the white one using alcohol markers. I then cut the fence he is holding out of the brown one, embossed this with a wood grain embossing folder and sanded it to make the grain pop. I then used a craft knife, cut around the colored versions hands and slid the fence underneath gluing it in place making him "hold it"
I used some design paper from my stash and matted this and my image with the same brown card. A few die cuts that look like straw and die-cut "friend" just finish my design.

Thank you for stopping by - don't forget to go and check out the monthly competition pinned to the top of the Facebook Group and get entering!
As well as the Facebook group we also have a blogInstagram page and Pinterest page for more inspiration.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Ingredients used
Design paper from my stash
Friend Die - from my stash


                photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

7 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card I love the cute scarecrow. I do love the colours of fall. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Great card Sharon, love that fun scarecrow ! Autumn/Fall is my favourite season, love the colours and crisp mornings.
Hugs, Kaz x

NanaConnie said...

Great technique to get his hands gripping the top of the fence, Sharon! Thanks for the explanation. We're so tickled to see you playing along in our "Fall Colors" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

NanaConnie said...

Sharon, Not sure what happened to my comment but I know I left one when I first saw this. Ah, well, I still love it and think you did a great job putting the fence so perfectly under his hands. :-D Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week in our "Fall Colors" challenge.
NanaConnie DT

crafty said...

What a cute little scarecrow. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is adorable. I love your coloring. Thank you, for joining us for the QKR Stampede challenge this week. I hope you will join us again next week.

Jeanin Jügler said...

Oh, this is just so super adorable! And I love all the colors! Thank you for playing along at the Simply Create Too Challenge Blog!