Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Something to be thankful for

Good morning,  I have a story behind my showcase card today - We are due to get new neighbors a single mom and her 2 daughters, they were supposed to move in last weekend however due to things outside of her control the sale of her house is taking longer than she expected and the move hasn't happened. She has packed up her belongings and is worried that she won't be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with her little girls as they are living with next to no cooking utensils or furniture.
We have great neighbors and they are always doing things to help out so I decided so pay this forward and have invited our soon to be neighbors for Thanksgiving dinner.
 
What better way to invite them than using So Suzy Stamps for an invitation:
 
 
I have used the Pumpkin Swirl stamp which I have colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers I added some color to the swirls to make them blend in with the image. I typed and printed the wording on my pc. I then used orange sheer ribbon across the top of the image card and rounded the corners so it would blend better with the scalloped card blank I used. I matted this onto some brown card and added some Lawn Fawn orange enamel dots. A very simple design but I think it turned out very pretty!
 
Thanks for stopping by and before you leave check out the challenge at So Suzy's blog and enter our challenge. If you don't have a blog - don't worry you can enter over at our Facebook group
 
For more inspiration why not check So Suzy out on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and  Flickr so go check us out!!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sharon, A lovely CAS card, love the ribbon and the candy.

Jade xx

Brawny x said...

Wow how thoughtful is that of you. Obviously the newbie will have fab new neighbours :) lovely card by the way x

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful gesture of friendship. Love the invitation.

Sylv xx

memorial garden benches said...

I love the ribbon and the candy! Wonderful!