Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Faery Ink GDT Application

Good afternoon - well today we have had our first proper snowfall (and I'm sure it will be the first of many) so I thought I'd stay in and work on my application for the Faery Ink Guest Design Team.
I found Faery Ink through my bestie - Amy Almeida she has been doing some fab makes with the gorgeous designs and I just had to find out who drew these stunning images so she directed me to Amanda's page on Facebook and her Store.
Amanda has so many adorable images and once I started looking through her store I realized that I did have some of her art work. This prompted me to enter my first Faery Ink Challenge using my first favorite image Vampy Cutie

I colored her up in Halloween colors for the October Challenge and submitted her on Faery Ink Facebook group as well as other challenges - I won Card of the Month with her over at the Spectrum Noir Challenge


She is my entry for my old favorite - Ok..... I know my card is not that old but then I'm new to Faery Ink - you can find details of how I made the card here on another of my blog posts

2 more of my favorite Faery Ink images are Breanna Fae who is a color for cause digi and is so adorable. Bella Bubble Fae is my other favorite and I had a gorgeous card sent to me by my bestie with her on! They have joined my collection today and I can't wait to make more cards using these beauties!!!!
 I have played with making my own candles in the past and Faery Ink images will look stunning on them!

I decided for my brand new make I would use one of the newer images:



As it's nearly the holidays I thought I'd color her up in candy cane colors:


Like most of my cards she was colored with Spectrum Noir markers, although it doesn't show I added sparkle to her wings using Wink of Stella. The cute design paper is from a digital collection by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I added the ribbon and gem from my stash. I then colored the silver candy cane using a red marker to compliment the design.

Ok as this post is my application here's the nitty gritty about me that Amanda has asked for:

These cards are the only ones I have made using Faery Ink, this is purely because I am new to the designs and this will be changing over the next few weeks!

I am currently on 4 other design teams - however my term is due to come to an end on 2 of these by the end of the year. I currently make 4 cards a month in total for the ones I will be leaving and 6 in total for the other 2. I am a stay at home mom who gets plenty of time to play in my craft room so have always managed to meet my commitments.

I love sharing my creativity and as I am leaving 2 of the teams I am on I would be open to a long term spot on the Faery Ink team. If this is not an option for me I am available any month between December 2015 and November 2016. I take my design team commitments seriously and plan ahead if I know I have a particularly busy month.

I have never personally used WordPress blogging platform. I am familiar with it as some of my design teamies on other teams use this and am always willing to learn new things!

I participate in all my design team Facebook groups as well as some fan based groups that I am a member. I love posting my makes around Facebook and do so with every card I make whether it is a design team make or just for fun. I also post from a personal point of view at least daily.
I have active accounts on


I post frequently on these. 

Recently I have joined periscope but I am still plucking up the courage to do a video and use this platform.

Phew!!! I think I have covered all that was asked of me - readers wish me luck and Amanda I hope that I have given you an honest opinion of me and my creativeness!

Thank you for stopping by and I would love if you could leave me some love.

I am also entering my Candy Fairy card into the Spectrum Noir Monthly Challenge - The theme this month is Christmas /Winter













3 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. Good luck.

Wanda said...

Both cards are stunning! I'm not a huge Halloween fan but your vampy cutie card is adorable! I love your clean and layered style. The candy cane ribbon and paper to match is perfectly layered with Bella the Candy Faery. Well done & good luck with the GDT call. :)

Suzanne said...

love the vamp one