Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Jasmine

Good morning, It's Tuesday already! How come Monday's always go faster when they are a holiday!

Today's card uses the Jasmine dies from Susan's Garden Notes at Elizabeth Craft Designs. Unfortunately these dies have all now been discontinued but I love them so will still be using them in my cards.



What I Did:
 I began by making the flowers. I repeatedly cut the flowers from white cardstock, Colored with Pan Pastels and shaped to give a realistic look.
The leaves were again cut and shaped using Pan Pastel and ink to shade these.
I assembled the flowers, using fake pollen to again give a more lifelike feel to them. They were then arranged with the leaves onto a white die cut frame and allowed to dry. My card base was matted with the same green card used for the leaves and a piece of design paper which I felt helped draw the eye to the flowers.
 I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment, die cut this into a tag. My flower frame was adhered to the card and sentiment placed to balance the design.

The flower do give your cards some great dimension:


What I Used:
White cardstock for flowers: Top Flight 82lb
White card stock for card base and frame: Core'dinations Premium 
Green cardstock: Core'Dinations
Design Paper: Lili of the Valley (Retired)
Sentiment: Altenew: Sunflower Daisy stamp set
Embossing Ink: Versafine
Embossing Powder: Copper Kate White fine detail
Sentiment die: unknown

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
  The Flower Challenge: Add leaves
  A bit More time to Craft: Anything goes
  Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper: Use patterned paper

Thanks for stopping by and if you love what you see please leave a comment to let me know


  



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Mieke Duckers said...

Love your flowers, Sharon!! Beautufully made!!!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

I really like your project Thanks for joining us at Patterned Paper Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Patterned Paper Challenge

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http:// http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com//

Viv said...

Wow what gorgeous flowers and leaves here Sharon! makes for such a pretty card too, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx