Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, March 26, 2018

Tractor TLC

Good afternoon. I'm taking a break from preparing our house for guests next week. My college friend that I haven't seen for more than 10 years is coming from England for the week. 
I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!! 

But  lets get grounded, I need to share with you all this card I made for a colleague of my husband. The instructions were 'he likes doing up old tractors'

So I had a digital stamp of a John Deere Tractor and just needed to 'rust' it up a bit:


I used colored pencils to color it, this was my first attempt and using the pencils for a full image and realize there is a learning curve with them!

Once colored I matted the image onto black and green card. 


I used a grass patterned paper on my card base along with mats of green and black like my image.

I angled the image on the card and added a die cut Happy Birthday which was 2 cuts one black one green and placed on top of one another to give a shadow.
A few black card candi finished the design.

I just hope the recipient doesn't pledge allegiance to the International! 

Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave me a comment - it will make my day!








2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon this is a stunning card that tractor is fabulous. I hope you have a great time with your friend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

great card!