Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Farmer's Father's Day

Good afternoon, I have kind of stopped blogging my personal cards and ones I've made for commissions so thought I would catch up on a few over the next couple of weeks.

When I was little my dad was a farmer, I can remember him threatening to throw me in a pig pen with a huge sow I was terrified of that pig! He still talks about plowing fields with horses and again as kids we would go to shows watching heavy horses pulling farm equipment demonstrating how farming was done before all the high tech equipment.

So the stamps I have used on the Father's Day card I made him so perfect:


The tractor stamp is from Class Act which unfortunately has been discontinued The Plowman is an Art-Kure stamp and both go so well together. 
I colored both with my polychromo pencils and die cut them using Gina Marie designs Frame Oval Stitched dies. I love the effect these dies give when my image has a background as when you cut with them they give you a frame of your image as you can see in the card. I use foam squares to lift the frame section and then adhere the rest of my image using flat glue.
I matted my card base with black card and masculine papers in a tan patterned and a dark red  both digital papers from Nitwit's paper collections. The word DAD was die cut from the same black card. A few coordinating enamel dots completed the design.

We now live in a farming community and often see the Amish using horses to plow and older farm equipment being used, my Dad would love the area.

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Color Inspiration Mondays - Anything goes with a self colored image


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

2 comments:

Jan said...

Great card Sharon xx Jan

Anne said...

Male cards are so hard aren't they, this is perfect if your dad was a farmer - happy memories too!

Anne x