Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, July 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Mollie

Good afternoon, it's another gorgeous Michigan summer day here, I've just bathed the dogs much to their disgust and am now chilling with an ice cold glass of water so thought I do some catching up on my blog.

Sunday was Mollie's 8th birthday - she is growing up way too quickly! She started ballet classes last Fall and is loving them so I thought I'd make a her cute little ballerina card


Isn't she just the sweetest little stamp? She is called 'warming Up' and is from the girlie collection at Lili of The Valley They have a few little ballet dancers and they all look like our Miss Mollie. 
I colored her with Copic Markers, making her outfit blue as that is the color Mollie wears. I then deepened the shading on the image with Spectrum Noir ColorBlend pencils that work really well over the top of alcohol markers.
I made a 6x6in card blank from centura pearl card matted with blue card. I used Crafter's Companion Floral Frenzy embossing folder on some pink card and wrapped this with wide crushed satin blue ribbon. 
My image was die cut using Gina Marie Designs Stained Glass Oval Border dies and adhered to the card using foam tape. I then made a bow from the same ribbon and added this and a glitter gem to the side of the card. I didn't add a sentiment as I wrote a personal verse for inside of the card.

Mollie had a great birthday, instead of having a party she chose to have a spa day at my hair salon her and 2 of her closest friends had manicures and pedicures and were very spoiled by the lovely ladies at The Hair Station 




I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Color Inspiration Mondays - Anything goes with a colored image


 photo Crafty Hugs_zpsmrp6bnmu.gif

2 comments:

Kate M said...

Beautiful ballerina card - I'm sure Mollie loved it!xx

Anne said...

Very pretty card, I'm sure Mollie was delighted with it. Looks like she had great fun on her Birthday!

Anne x