Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lili of the Valley Nativity

Good morning, well the snow has returned but it makes my Christmas lights look so pretty! I put one of our trees up yesterday and we are going to buy a real one at the weekend for the living room!

Today's post is of a set of cards I have made just for fun for a change. I bought these Lili of the Valley stamps last year but with the move never got round to coloring them. So I thought I would have some me time coloring them and then decided to make a box set with them.
 
They are so adorable and remind me so much of the nativity plays at my children's schools.
 
 
First we have the Nativity Angels
 
The one with the bunches on the left is so like Mollie was last year even down to the pink socks!!
 
 I have colored them with my spectrum noirs pens and added glitter to the stars and the halos. The backing paper is from a set of 6x6 papers from Doodlebug Designs Inc. Frosty Friends. I have die cut it with a memory box die and matted it onto a lovely turquoise card. The sentiment was printed on my pc and is taken from a Christmas hymn again matted onto card.
 
 
Memories of James come to mind....
Colored with my Spectrum Noirs and again glittery stars are on the backdrop and halo.
The paper is from Crafter's Companion's Christmas with Barkley cd. I have cut the snowflake border out using a Cheery Lynn die and used the same green card to mat the paper and image. The sentiment again is taken from a well known Christmas hymn.
 
Next we have Angel Gabriel
 
How sweet are these 2! You will notice in all the images I have colored the socks in bright colors to make them even more child like
Colored again with Spectrum Noirs and glittered. The papers I have used are from Crafter's Companion Mulberry Wood Christmas cd, matted onto pink card and the same card has been used in the Memory box die cut. Again a Christmas hymn complements the image.
 
Next is the Main event - Mary and Joseph
 
Don't you just love that the bear is almost as big as Mary!
 
As with all the others I have colored with Spectrum Noirs and glittered them. The papers are again from Mulberry Wood, matted onto blue card which has also been used with the Memory Box die. Sentiment this time taken from the Christmas story.
 
Last of all as they had to come from afar is the 3 Wee Kings
I think they may be just a bit shy....
 
As with all the others the image is colored with Spectrum Noirs and glittered. I have used Lili of the Valley Krafty Christmas paper pad matted onto red card. Another Memory Box die provides the glittery stars and the sentiment is another hymn.
 
To finish the collection I made a box using my Ultimate Pro
 
I used my Cameo for the die cuts and the papers are from Lili of the Valley's Frosty Christmas paper pad. I have glittered the stars but they don't show too well.
 
I am entering these into the following challenges:
A Girl who Crafts - Christmas
Always Something Creative - #88 Christmas
Country View Challenges - Nostalgic Christmas
Connie can Crop - Christmas Carols
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Cute and Cuddly Christmas
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Sharon, these are all gorgeous. I hope you and your family are keeping well.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Sharon all your cards are gorgeous I love LOTV images. Hugs Jackie

Brawny x said...

Wow these are all fabulous. Amazing cards Sharon x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are all so fabulous, I love them. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

PaperDaisies said...

A stunning selection of cards. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Meggi Bischoff said...

Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Challnege von ASC.
Alles Gute und

glG. Meggi

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Sharon, so sweet and full of the real meaning of Christmas. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge at Country View Crafts, and Merry Christmas. Sue x

Connie Can Crop said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards! I love them all! Simply fabulous every one!! Thanks so much for sharing them and entering my challenge. Scrappy hugs, Connie