Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2014

One Year Younger

Good afternoon. I've been beavering away in my craft room today making Christmas cards - it's getting nearer and nearer and the weather is certainly turning!

Todays post is not about Christmas though, I'll share them during December.
 I was asked to make a card for a female poet and struggled a bit at first but then came up with a lovely image from Joanna Sheen's Patience Strong CD.
 
 
The card is very simple to highlight how delicate the verse and image are. I printed it out on super-smooth paper and matted it onto lilac card before mounting it on a A5 cream card blank. The ribbon is from my stash and was originally white but so it matched in with the theme I colored it with my Spectrum Noir pens, made a triple bow and glued it around the lower part of the lilac card. I left it at that so as not to distract from the image.
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sharon, Such a gorgeous card, love the colours, the ribbon and the flowers.

Teighan

Brawny x said...

Such a pretty card Sharon just lovely x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Sharon.