Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Dirty and Fun

 Hello! we are back from our vacation which was fabulous - Tennessee is a great 'country style area' So my card today uses the same theme!

Maker Forte have release a great collection pod Western Style products - I will be using these in more cards to come!


Used a few different products for this card, my main aim was to make it looked distressed.


I started by fixing the Rodeo Stencil a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. Using a blending brush and  Corduroy Distress Ink I inked through the stencil. 


Using For My Cowboy Stamp Set, I stamped 2 of the boots with Eclipse Black Ink on to white card.


The boots in the set are all different which makes it easy to make pairs of different boots. I wanted 2 different ones to fit with the sentiment I chose to use.

Coloring them with alcohol markers, I used different brown tones both for shading and pattern. Then were then fussy cut them ready for my card.


I stamped the 'If it Ain't Dirty it Aint Fun' sentiment using Eclipse Black Ink and trimmed to size.


Ink blended edges, with the Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, were added to give it and aged look. Then I used a distressing tool to scuff the edges of both this and my stenciled card. You can use scissors to obtained the same look I just find it easy with this tool.


To make the card look even more distressed I ink blended the roughed edges with the same distress ink.


To build my design I chose A2 Top Folding Card Bases and some dark brown cardstock.


The brown cardstock was used to my base and sentiment then my stenciled topper was added. My boots were arranged and one was adhered flat on the card while the other was placed crossed and fastened in place using foam squares. Finally my sentiment was added a little crooked to fit with the card theme.

Thanks for taking time to read my post, I hope you find some inspiration from it and if you do I would love to see your design.





No comments: