Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Tools for Dad

 Good morning! We are on the home run for school, summer starts Friday! In the next few weeks Father's Day will also arrive and my card today's inspiration for this holiday.

I have used Maker Forte products for this, both the tool Stencil and the You're Truly Fabulous Stamp Set are perfect.


My design began by me by choosing the products I would be using. I was going to make this a 1 layer card but decided to add a mat to coordinate with the colors of my topper.

My first stage was to stencil the tools. I started with the hammer, positioning my card stock below the stencil I masked off the hammer head and blended Flat White Ink for the handle. Switching my mask around so I could stencil the head in Pumice Stone Distress Ink.


The screwdriver was stenciled using the same technique, British Racing Green Ink was used for the handle. 

For the wrench I wanted it to look as though it was behind the hammer. I positioned the stencil with the wrench across the hammer, masked of the part of the hammer. Blending Pumice Stone through the remaining portion of the stencil gave me the head.


I added detail to the screwdriver handle with a green fine liner and a ruler.


Next I added my sentiment, I love the wording in the You're Truly Fabulous Stamp Set. However feel this a bit too feminine for a Father's Day card. This is an easy fix, by cutting the wording apart. Meaning I could just use the words 'To My Strong, Brilliant And Truly Fabulous'. This doesn't ruin the stamps and they can easily put back together again on a MISTI or an acrylic block.


I chose Eclipse Black Ink for my sentiment. I was stamping over the stenciled image so the black stands out against it.


At this point I decided to add the pliers to my card. It felt I had a bit too much white space at the top of the card. I followed the same technique for stamping this as I did for the screw driver.


Next I built my card, I chose an A2 Top Folding Card Base and matted this with Green cardstock.


I don't like fully flat cards and this one didn't need any embellishments. By using foam tape under my stenciled design it gave some dimension.


Yes I buy my foam tape in these huge rolls which last me forever.


I hope this has given you inspiration for Father's Day. Thank you for taking time to read my post.




No comments: