Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sunrise Silhouette

 Good Morning! We are busy busy! getting ready for our impending vacation, finishing up school and looking after 5 rapidly growing puppies!

My post today is inspiration using products from Maker Forte. I have created a sunrise with silhouettes using their Wildflowers & Butterflies Stamp and Stencil Set


 I started the card by gathering my ingredients, this stamp set makes a stunning card with very little else needed.


I started the card with the stencil, laying it over a piece of Bristol Smooth Card cut slightly smaller than a slimline card.


I chose 3 different inks, Red Leicester, Tiptree Jam and Coronation Purple. Starting in the center with the lightest ink I blended out over the stencil giving me an early morning sunrise effect.

Keeping with the early morning theme, I stamped over the stenciled image with the included stamp. Choosing Eclipse Black Ink for this because I wanted the image to look like shadowed silhouettes.


I felt the card needed a sentiment and initially was going to use the box from the Boxed Sentiment Set but felt this covered too much of my card front. Instead I used the 'Thanks' stamp from the set and stamped it in Tiptree Jam on to a piece of Ultra White Heavy Cardstock.


Making sure the sentiment stood out without covering too much of the image meant it needed a frame. I cut it with my electronic die cutter leaving an offset around it. 

My card just needed building together now. I used a Slimline Perfect Fold Card Base which I matted with a piece of Tiptree Jam Cardstock.


My card front was added to my matted base making sure it was centered on the colored mat. I didn't feel the card needed any dimension so 'Thanks' was glued flat against the card. Finally I used my Right on Point Bone Folder to finish the card.


This is a very simple card to make but looks effective. It would be easy to batch make if you needed a of them!





No comments: