Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, February 7, 2022

Rainbow Birthday

 Good morning - the snow continues as does the below freezing temperatures.

I have more exciting news - Paper and i which is a craft store here in Michigan accepted me as part of their design team. They sell a wide variety of craft supplies and products and I will be hoping customers love my inspiration of what can be done with them.

My first card as part of their design team uses just dies, glue and cardstock!


As I am struggling with all this cold weather I thought a nice cheery rainbow would brighten everyone's day!
I started this card by cutting multiple strips using the LDRS 1/2" stitched slimline background strips. Back in the UK, as kids, we are taught to remember rainbow colors with this little rhyme:

Richard - Red
Of - Orange
York - Yellow
Gave - Green
Battle - Blue
In - Indigo
Vain - Violet

I put adhesive all over my A2 card base and laid the strips diagonally in the above order. repeating as needed - as you can see I has to add a tiny bit of red to the bottom right corner to completely cover the card. I trimmed the excess off by turning the card over and cutting all the colored card away with scissors.
Next I used black card and cut the Picket Fence Happy Birthday Word Topper Die 4 times. These were then glued on top of each other to give my sentiment dimension. I chose black card as it stands out well from the rainbow colors.


I glued these in place with wet glue and trimmed the edges so it fit on my card.
Finally I added a few different sized enamel dots also in black to draw the eye to the sentiment.



All of the products I have used can be purchased from Paper and i. If you check out their Facebook page they hold bi-weekly lives showing all the new products that have arrived in the store. They also show techniques of different ways that the products can be used. 
If you are local to the store pop in and say hi - tell them I sent you!








No comments: