Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, February 4, 2022

Foxing around in Spring

 Good evening I hope everyone is keeping safe in the extreme weather we are experiencing.

My post today is a tutorial using the newly released Kawaii image from Stampers Delights Spring Fox. 


Isn't he adorable! He has extras for scene building such as the flowers and butterflies here and a little fence which I didn't use.

I started my card by arranging the digital elements, I was able to change the color of the sentiment by adjusting the RGB levels in my graphics program, the scene was the printed onto stamping card. I then gathered the supplies I would be using:


Next I colored my fox, with this guy I started with my darkest colors and blended out the the lightest.


The flowers and grass were next, I know there aren't many flowers that shape which are blue but the advantage of stamping and coloring means you can tie everything in to your color scheme.


Yellow butterflies added a freshness to the image and tied in with flowers.


I die cut my image using a ricrac oval die, when I had done this I felt it needed something to make it pop off the card so I inked the edges with distress ink.


For the rest of my card I carried the butterflies over the card with a tree die: and some tiny die cut butterflies


As I had used different shades of marker to color my butterflies I used 2 shades of yellow card stock. The tree was cut twice once in green and a second one in yellow. I then cut all the yellow butterflies from the tree and glued them in the correct place on the green tree.
Next was assembling my card; I matted my slimline base with green cardstock and some blue design paper.


My tree was adhered flat to this and my die cut image fixed in place with foam tape. Finally I scattered more yellow diecut butterflies around my image, tree and right side of my card.




I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial. Head on over to the Kawaii new release post where you can find my inspiration from the rest of the Kawaii design team members. Also come back tomorrow for more new release images!

If you are looking for even more inspiration head on over to the Stamper Delights Facebook group and while you are there why not enter their progressive challenge - just sign up for free membership and you will receive emails on how to enter more details are on out Facebook page.

No comments: