Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Helga pop up box card

Good Morning, we are having some gorgeous weather here which is great for getting outside in the yard

It's Tuesday again which can only mean one thing - It's time for another challenge over at DigiChoosday. I've used some gorgeous images from Polkadoodles Helga Hippo:



What I Did:
I chose the Helga digital image I wanted to color, resized her and printed on to stamping card. She was the colored with alcohol markers and fussy cut.
I then started to build my box. I used a piece of A4 cardstock and a template I had downloaded from the internet. Once this was cut and constructed I added 2 cross sections to add my embellishments on. I then traced around Helga on the back section of the box. I cut around this and placed her onto the portion of the back left so it appeared she was floating there.
I printed 2 copies of the matching design sheets and cut out the embellishments I wanted to use from these. I also printed 2 different patterned papers.
I matted and layered my box with pink and teal cardstock and then the patterned papers.
I adhered the cake and balloon embellishments to acetate and attached inside my box. This gave the the appearance of floating above the box. The candles rose pots and gift were also adhered to the box.
Finally I uploaded the sentiment to my graphics program and with a bit of cutting and pasting made it fit on the front flap of my box.

What I Used:
Digital Images and Papers: Polkadoodles Helga Big Kahuna VIP Download Bundle
Stamping card: X-Press It
Card for Box: Unknown
Pink and Teal Card: Core'Dinations
Glue: Zipdry
Acetate: Packaging from craft purchases

The Digi Choosday Challenge runs for 2 weeks, it is always anything goes so there is no reason not to enter and you never know you may just win!

Looking for more inspiration? Then check out my teamies designs over on the Facebook page, you can also post your own Polkadoodles' designs on the Craft Stamp and Color with Polkadoodles Facebook group

Thanks for stopping by, now go join the challenge!



8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Oh wow this is a stunning card. I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Petra-loves-paper said...

This is a fun pop up box card, beautiful done,greetings Petra

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous birthday pop up box, Sharon! Great details! xx

Fikreta said...

its awesome!

Creative world said...

Fantastic card (box)...great coloring and design...welcome to the DIGI team...hugs Zelly xx

Rose Andrew said...

HI Sharon .. Beautiful card .. and love all the embellishments & cute image.
Hugs
Rose DT

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Gorgeous project and lovely design.
Maritza

crafty-stamper said...

Great pop-up box and love the images
Carol x