Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Basket of Thanks

Good afternoon from a very wet Michigan. The weather is all over the place, over the past 2 weeks we have had freezing temps down at 14f, snow, rain, wind and sunshine. No one knows how to dress!

A couple of weeks ago Kev and I watched Susan Tierney Cockburn make some stunning dies with her new release and I was hooked. I bought the collection and couldn't wait to play.

The dies are being marketed by Tonic Studios they have arrived and are so easy to use. The card I am showing today is using the gathering basket and lacecap hydrangea dies:


The flowers are all on plates and you cut a bunch of them together thank goodness! I started with a lilac piece of card stock. I die cut the basket from Kraft card then embossed it to get the detail. I used a copper gilding wax to highlight the detail and give it some dimension. I then shaped this by curling it slightly, applied glue just to the edges and held in place on my card until it held.

The flowers have a base, I shaped this using a ball tool and adhered 2 of them on top of each other on my card to give strength for my flowers. As I die cut the flowers I colored them through the dies before releasing them. I then shaped them with a ball tool and starting with the tiny ones glued each individual flower in place. Yes it takes patience but is kind of peaceful and cathartic. Once I'd built the flowers I moved on to the leaves. These were cut from white card and colored using copic markers. I then added veins to the leaves using a small stylus and oil pastels. I glued these under the flowers. I added tiny drops of  nuvo drops into the middle of each flower. I did have a few extra flowers so these were just scattered on the card. 

I matted my 5x7 in  card base with a dark purple and cut a thank you sentiment from the same card. I adhered my topper to the base and the sentiment on to the finished design. 

These dies sold out extremely quickly but I believe they will be back in stock tomorrow. Also If you want inspiration Susan has a Facebook group that you can join Susan's Garden Club.

Thank you for stopping by and as always if you like what you see please leave a comment