Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving For A Special Friend

Good afternoon, we went to spend Thanksgiving with friends and as always I have to share my cards. Now that she has received her card I can share it on here.

Once again I got to use my new Susan's Garden Club dies from Tonic Studio:


I chose a muted red card for my background, I cut shaped, embossed the Gathering Basket die from Kraft cardstock and used gold gilding wax to color it.

I then used the Spider Mum dies to cut my petals from white card. I colored them with a pinky-purple Copic marker before shaping the petals and assembling the flower on the card. The leaves were cut from green card, tinted with ink and shaped.

I then cut both of the Japanese Painted Leaves from a sage green card and shaded these with oil pastels. I cut the smaller leaf down and arranged both of them in my basket.

The Pompom Dahlia was also cut with white card and colored with a copic markers. I shaped the petals and built up the layers on the card adding the leaves once the flower was formed.

I used a Crafter's Companion Special Friend sentiment die, this does not have an offset but I was able to make one by tracing around the die and fussy cutting it. The words were cut twice from mirror card and stacked to give the sentiment more dimension.

I matted a 7x5 inch white card base with the same mirror card as my sentiment and added my topper.

Lastly I made a box for the card so as not to crush the flowers, I forgot to photograph this before giving the card to it's recipient.

Thanks you for stopping by and if you like what you see please don't forget to leave me some love in the comments.



2 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. It is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

Its beautiful card!