Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, December 8, 2017

Dear old Santa

It's the 8th of December, yes we have snow and yes I'm starting to decorate the house. Shopping has been done and my cards are starting to make their appearance.

Today is a new mood board challenge over on the Sum More Fun blog and of course its all about Christmas - All Decked Out:


It"s a great board for this time of year - who doesn't make cards following this theme and if you join in you can win yourself a gift certificate worth $20 
However If you use a Sum More Fun stamp it doubles to $40

 Who doesn't think of  Father Christmas at this time of year. If you've got kids his name is constantly being mentioned.

This leads me to my make I chose the colors of red and green from the mood board:


I love this stamp such a traditional image of Dear Old Santa. I wanted to keep my card simple so I colored him with Copic markers. I then took pieces of green and read card and die cut frames. Using the waste from the green frame I cut it to size and adhered the cut oval over my image. I then added the red frame to the center of the oval. This was then placed onto a 7x5 in card base. I die cut the word believe and some holly. This along with some glittery enamel dots were arranged around the image.

So what are you waiting for head on over to the Sum More Fun blog and join in the fun.
We do have just a few rules which you can find here 

Thank you for stopping by, If you are looking for more inspiration check out my teamies cards on the Blog, FaceBookInstagram and Pinterest.




4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So very Pretty! I LOVE that image and your coloring is fantastic!

Theresa

Katie said...

Sweet card

Beth F. said...

You did an amazing job coloring that sweet Santa face! Your whole card is beautiful.

Migdalia said...

Such a wonderful Christmas card!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M