Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Cats and Pumpkins

Good afternoon, the temperatures fell this afternoon, it was so nice to have the doors open and air blowing through the house. Fall is finally arriving I just hope that we have seen the end of the high temps.

Along with Fall comes Halloween and today's card is such a cute Halloween scene:


Halloween Cats is a digi stamp from Lili Of The Valley. This was my second attempt at coloring the image. My cats on the first one were a touch too dark and you couldn't quite make out their features. 
I colored the image with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils. I followed Mindy Baxter's tutorial for creating a Halloween background which I think turned out well and really shows off the characters. 
The image is actually framed so I colored this in black rather than adding a mat layer to it.
 I made a 5 x 7 inch card base and matted this with orange and black card. The design paper is a free digital paper which I felt coordinated well. I stamped my Trick or Treat Sentiment on orange card and matted this with black. After arranging my image and sentiment I placed black pearls to balance out the design.

Lili of The Valley used to be my favorite stamp company when I lived in the UK as we lived in the same town as their store I was a frequent customer. I hadn't bought many stamps from them since moving to USA but now they do digital stamps and I don't have to wait for them to be shipped that has changed 😁

Thank you for stopping by and if you like what you see please head to the comments section and let me know!



3 comments:

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

This is fabulous! I love the scene and your coloring, fantastic job!

Fikreta said...

Love this card so much!
can I have it :D ?
hugs

Beth F. said...

What an absolutely FANTASTIC Halloween card! Your coloring is amazing!