Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Just keep swimming.....

Good morning, it's still hot here in Michigan be we are enjoying the sunshine!

It's the last Saturday of the month which means another new release from Scrapper's Delights and it is so fitting for us this month as we have finally got our marine reef tank set up with fish and other creatures.
So the release this month is mermaids BUT we also have Sea Rock 2 which when paired with the fish that were released earlier this month make a fantastic scene 



I decided to make my own fish tank. I add 2 of the cute happy fish to the rock to make a scene then printed and colored the image with my alcohol markers. making the fish look like Dory to appease Mollie.



Once colored I added some real shells to the tank bottom.

 I then cut a frame from black card ensuring the aperture was the right size to show all of my image I than added acetate for the front of my "tank". 4 strips of the same card were then concertinaed and adhered to the frame and then fixed to edges of the image to make it stand proud and form the tank. A few more shells were added to the frame just for decoration.

There are more images being release this weekend and you can find examples of what you can do with all of them on my teamies blogs the addresses for these can be found on the new release post over at Scrapper's Delights.

Ingredients used:

Head on over to the Scrapper's Delights Store to see all of the new releases.

We also have a monthly challenge where you can enter any makes you do

Why not stop by the Scrapper's Delight Facebook page for regular news on and inspiration from my Teamies and keep your eyes peeled on my blog for new releases from them!

I am entering these  cards into the following challenges:


10 comments:

M DelValle said...

Beautifully colored Sharon!! :)

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love the cute fish. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Furrbster said...

Brilliant! What a great idea.

Hugz Tinz

Anjie said...

Fabulous make chick. How sweet is that fish. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, you have created a wonderful scene.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

This is great. I really like the black frame and the addition of the shells at the corners. The colours you have used are fantastic.

Unknown said...

Sooooo cute . Love the background

crafty said...

Love the scene and the cute little fish

Katrina Bufton said...

What a great scene, fabulous colouring. Thanks for joining us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles,
Katrina x
p.s. I have a giveaway on my blog if you want to join in

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely fish tank. Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles
xx