Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, April 4, 2016

Guest Design Team Position

Good Afternoon - While you are reading this I will be on vacation - yes we decided that as it is Spring break we would join friends and enjoy some R&R time Up State.

A few weeks ago I was asked if I would like to do a month long guest design team spot for 2 Paper Divas - I was delighted to accept and over the next 4 Tuesdays I will be showcasing some of their gorgeous floral stamps.

2 Paper Divas is an online stamp company owned by 2 friends - Melissa and Gayla - who stamps are influenced by their love of the mountains, ocean and outdoors they also have a vintage-style flair to some of their stamps. I love all things nature so their stamps are perfect for me to craft with!

So onto this week's showcase. I am using 2 of their stamps on my first card:



First I stamped just the sunflower heads 3 times, I then colored them before fussy cutting them and shaping them to give them dimension.

I then die cut a small scalloped oval from out of the center of a piece of design paper adhered a piece of white stamping card under this and stamps the sentiment in brown ink. This was positioned on my card blank which was matted with a coordinating brown design paper - I used the same design paper to die cut the ivy corners. I arranged the sunflowers around the sentiment, placed an ivy corner at the bottom left and trimmed the second one before placing in top right.
A few enamel dots just complete the look.
Ingredients used:
Lili of the Valley - Country Gent paper - retired




2 Paper Divas hold monthly challenges - the details are here.
They also have regular features and competitions on their blog 
and for more inspiration using their gorgeous stamps checkout their Facebook page 



Thank you for stopping by and if you like what you see please leave me a comment



4 comments:

Stacy Sheldon said...

Love how you colored these sunflowers Sharon :) This is such a pretty design :)

Unknown said...

We are so glad to have you join us this month! Love what you did with the Delightful Sunflower stamp! Hope you are having a great vacation! We look forward to all your cards this month! Thank you so much for guest designing for us!

Amy A said...

Gorgeous card hun. Love the design- showcases the sunflowers and sentiment perfectly. Xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the sunflowers. Take care. Hugs Jackie