Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Seahorses don't like Christmas

Good morning it's the July release day over at So Suzy Stamps and the start of a new challenge on the So Suzy Blog!

What a challenge it is this month!!! The theme is Christmas by the sea and So Suzy has released some fab new sea creature stamps along with some great new Christmas themed ones. You can find the details of the challenge and how to enter here. Don't worry if you don't have a blog you can also enter at the So Suzy Facebook group.
I have chosen to showcase the adorable sea horse

But he's not a happy little soul - instead of being able to float around in his normal seaweed the Christmas by the sea has meant he has to tolerate all those fairy lights too! Yes he has used another So Suzy Stamp - Bah Humbug! LOL
So how did I create this little scene you ask!
I matted green card onto my white card blank. I then stamped the sea horse onto white card and masked him off. I then ran the card through my printer making the sea background. I then used the seaweed stamp and green ink to stamp all the lower foliage. I removed the mask and colored my little friend using Spectrum Noir markers before stamping my Bah Humbug sentiment.
The hanging seaweed is a die from Memory box and used a circle punch to make all the fairy lights. I then cut this to variegated lengths and added it to my card. The star fish are from a basket of shells Mollie has.
Thanks for stopping by and before you leave hit the June tab on the top right of the So Suzy Stamp blog and enter our challenge. If you don't have a blog - don't worry you can enter over at our Facebook group

For more inspiration why not check So Suzy out on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
New this month So Suzy has also ventured out to Flickr so check that out too!!


7 comments:

Fikreta said...

great card

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I do love seahorses too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Such a creative way to combine Christmas and the ocean. Great card!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the cute seahorse. Hugs Jackie

jane stillman said...

brilliant card!

jane stillman said...

Fabulous card, great image and design

Unknown said...

Sharon, this is fabulous and what a different kind of Christmas card, hugs xxx