Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Birds and blooms in colored pencil

Good morning - we have heavy storms planned for today so getting my blogging done now so I can switch off the pc!
 
Today is the birthday of a good friend of ours - this person checked I was ok the first time Kev went away on business after we had moved and has become a good friend to both of us since. So happy birthday Cindee!!
 
I wanted to make a special card for her and my new stamps have arrived just in time! These images are from a set by Sheena Douglass's A Little bit Sketchy range called Tropical Nectar
 
 
I used my Polycromo pencils to color the images laying plenty of color down so I could get a good blend with bright colors. I don't use my pencils as often as I should do and am so pleased with how this turned out.
The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called One in a Million which I think has retired now. I matted the image onto green and yellow card and then onto a white card blank. I have not used any embellishments on this card as I didn't want to distract from the images.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Wheelie Crafty said...

Gorgeous Card, I love your colouring...

Hugs xxx

Linda Simpson said...

One of my favourite stamp sets and love your card. The colours are gorgeous too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy W said...

A really beautiful card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card. X