Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Monday, July 6, 2015

Patriotic Progressive Challenge

Hope every one has a fab Holiday weekend!!! We went and watched our first 4th July firework display and I have to say it felt very strange watching fireworks on a warm evening sat in shorts instead of being bundled up in winter coats and wading through muddy fields!!!
 
To celebrate the holidays both here and in Canada My Whimsical Little World's progressive challenge is all about celebration and if you entered the challenge last month you wil already have your image, if not you can purchase it for 50% off for the first 2 weeks of the challenge. All you have to do to enter is place a photo of your makes using the image into the photo folder on the My Little Whimsical World's Facebook page! You have until midnight on July 31st to enter - So pop over and make sure your a member of the group and get crafting!!!
 
I know I'm a Brit but as I am currently fostered out to the USA I thought I would make my flag the Stars and Stripes and celebrate Independence Day
 
 
So I have colored her up in red white and blue (please don't count the stars and stripes I didn't have room to color then all :)  )  Spectrum Noir Markers and matted her onto red card. I then matted red and blue card onto my card blank and printed out papers with the Stars and Stripe on them which again were matted onto red card. As she is holding a sparkling firework I decided to add my own to the blue card using red and gold circle stickers. I felt this just took some of the bareness away.
 
 PLEASE DON"T WORRY - NO AMERICAN FLAG WAS DEFACED IN THE MAKING OF THIS CARD
 the papers used were separate sheets of stars and stripe :)
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Ode to Paper said...

Very well done Sharon, I like a simple composition sometimes even more than the fancy ones. Your coloring is great too!