Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, March 28, 2014

Sit back and relax

Hi and thanks for stopping by.

I am very pleased to have been voted blog of the week over at Crafting from the Heart Facebook page this week!

My card today is for one of my hubby's ex-colleagues who is retiring in the near future.

Once again I have used one of my Lili of the Valley boy stamps called Take it Easy - which is what you have earned when you retire!

 
I have colored him with my Spectrum Noir pens and used polychromo pencils for shading. The papers are Lili of the Valley Country Gent matted with some brown card from my stash.
I've embellished with some of Craftwork card's Card Candi and some decorative corners that I had in my stash. The sentiment is also a Lili of the valley one die cut with spellbinders.
I've used distress ink to give it an aged look but definitely need more practise doing this!
 
I have entered this card into the following Challenges
 
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge: Using a stamp or Digi
 
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
Sharon x



9 comments:

Laura said...

What a great card... love the relaxing circle sentiment.. is it s stamp... love that lazy guy!!!
Laura D.

Sandra said...

Great card Sharon,
Beautiful card and coloring!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges this week.
Hugs,Sandra

catherine said...

A fabulous card Sharon and well deserved blog of the week too
x catherine

Mandy Ashley said...

A handsome card! Love your colours palette & the sweet image! Just great for a retirement! :)

CraftyKay said...

What a fab mans card. Lovley image and colouring.x

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the image and layout.

Wendy said...

Lovely card, the stamp is one of my favourites! Beautiful colouring and layout! Xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, a beautiful card, love the design.

Hugs Erin x

Teresa said...

beautiful, great image and I love your layout x