Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fairy wings make you happy!

Good afternoon!
Kev is away on business this week and as we've only just moved and not really met anyone yet his colleagues are checking in on me to make sure I'm not needing anything. One in particular, Cindee came up to meet us on Tuesday evening. Mollie was her usual happy self and prancing around in a fairy outfit. When Cindee asked her if she was always happy and if so what did she need to do so that she could always be happy. Mollie replied saying her fairy wings kept her happy and Cindee would be happy if she touched them!

On the back of this I have made her a card from Mollie so she can keep fairy wings on her desk!

 
 
This adorable fairy is called Pompom and she along with the sentiment are from Lili of the Valley. She has been coloured in using my Spectrum Noirs and I've used polychromo pencils for extra shading and blending. There is just a touch of fairy dust (glitter) on her wings and pompoms.
The dies I've used are Marianne and memory box and I've used Core'dinations card stock for these and my background. The card blank is a craftwork cards blank.
All it needs is for Mollie to come home from preschool and sign it! 


5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

What a beautiful card Sharon, it sounds like you have settled in and Mollie is enjoying herself too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sharon Smith said...

Hi Linda
Thanks for your lovely comments - Yes we are just about there now. All the stress about whether we would settle has disappeared and we are all loving being here xxx

Unknown said...

Very beautiful! Love the layout and coloring.

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so pretty and girly with the pink. Wishing you all the best with the new environment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Kate M said...

love this pretty little fairy with her wings - and I love the story behind it,
Wishing you well in your new home - glad that people are and call to check you are OK!
xx