Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Masculine New Home Card

 Good morning! Spring is finally here! I'm staying a little quiet about it though because I don't want to tempt fate 😋

Do you struggle with masculine cards? Then read on, my card today is for a man that has moved in to a new home.


I decided on a night themed card and ink blended my sky with Distress Inks. It started life as a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock but ends up being saturated in the ink.


My row of houses was cut twice, once from CutCardStock Pop Tone Black Licorice and once from Lemon Drop.
The black piece was adhered to the card and the waste of the yellow one was placed in the windows of the black one giving me the look of lights being on


As it's night time I used Copic Opaque White to add stars.


My sentiment needs to be bold so I cut New Home 3 times from Neenah Solar White and stacked these tin to of each other.


Building the card was easy. I used Classic Crest Epic Black in 130lb for my cardbase. This gives a sturdy frame. 


My Topper was adhered flat to this and my sentiment placed above the row of houses. I did notice I had a black smudge that I couldn't cover with my sentiment. Male cards don't generally have embellishments on so I used a White Gelly Roll Pen to add more stars - covering the smudge!


Thanks for stopping by and hopefully you gained some inspiration for masculine cards.

No comments: