Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

You Are The Sweetest

 Good Morning, I'm praying that winter is starting to leave us - it has been so cold for so long.

My post today is to share this adorable little card made using Maker Forte products.


The images were stamped on to the corner of a piece of Ultra White cardstock and again onto some masking tape both with the Remarkable Eclipse Ink Pad. I always use my MISTI where I can, meaning I have very little stamping mistakes.


The images on masking paper were fussy cut and placed directly over my little pair of S'mores. This protects them and keeps the images under the masks white. Using Blue Moon Ink Pad and a blending brush I inked over the little guys, this was to make the images stand out from all the white card - as marshmallows are generally white they can become a bit lost on a white background.


I only put down a small amount of ink so this dried almost immediately and I was able to lift my masks ready to color the images. The On The Hook Tweezers are great for this as you can use the fine hook to grab the very edge of the mask.


I know it looks like I used a lot of Copic Markers for such a small image but with blending the colors out it takes a few!

I started by coloring the crackers with E44, E43 and E42. The chocolate was colored with E27 and E25. Marshmallows are white but do need a bit of shading so I used W1 and W0. Finally R22 and R21 were used for the pretty bow on the girl S'more.


Next came the adorable little faces I chose the wide faces one with and one without eyelashes. As these are tiny elements I chose to use an acrylic block for these and guess what - I dropped it so my little girl also gained a beauty spot! top reason I always (usually!) use my MISTI.


I decided to change my plans a little and decided to stamp some (love hearts from the same set) over the little guys. I used Coral Keys Ink Pad and placed the hearts in opposite directions.


Now to bring my design together, I used an A2 Top Folded Card Base, a piece of coordinating cardstock from my stash for both my mat and my sentiment (from the same stamp set) and some foam squares.


The mat and my design were adhered in place with double sided tape. I cut a 'V' into the end of the sentiment. Lining this up with the edge of my design, I held it in place with foam squares.

Finally I decided to add some Clear Glitter Maker's Magic on to the hearts to make them sparkle.


The shine and sparkle can be seen here:




No comments: