Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Sympathy Card

 Good Morning, the weather here is crazy. Spring had sprung at the weekend, then we had thunder storms over night. Go up yesterday morning to at least 3" of snow which is hanging around as the temps have dropped again.

My card today is for an occasion no one wants to send. If you are like me I struggle to make sympathy cards but it is just something that has to be done.  I have used Maker Forte products for this card, starting with Be You Dahlia and Boxed Sentiments Stamp sets.


I chose the supplies I would be using but as normal for me I added some more along the way. So I have Ultra White Cardstock for my base and to stamp on to. Welsh Dragon Cardstock for my mat and Remarkable Eclipse Black Ink for stamping my images with.


I started by stamping the image in my Original Size MISTI - the image has thin stems so you can manipulate it slightly to go in direction you wish it to lay.


Next I used alcohol markers to color the image, as it is a sentiment card I stuck to purples instead of bright colors.


My plan for the next step didn't work out too well on my first attempt. I mixed some Nebula Kaleidoscope Powder is a small amount of water so I could splatter across my image.


Unfortunately the splatters were more like drips, I was going to stamp my sentiment but decided to fussy cut the dahlia.


I started with a fresh piece of white cardstock and stamped my sentiment before adhering my flower in place. I decided to attempt to splatter across it again and this time achieved the look I wanted. This is just one of many uses for the Kaleidoscope Powders.


I folded my card base - as this was a large stamp my base was A7. I matted this with the Welsh Dragon cardstock and added my image.


To emphasize the splatters I used Maker's Magic Crystal Clear on some of them. This dries in a clear bead which allows the color underneath to show through.


Sympathy cards are not the nicest you have to send so I hope this gave you ideas should you need to design one


Thank you for taking time to read my post.




No comments: