Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see, stop by and leave me some love in the comments section

Followers

Friday, January 8, 2021

New Beginnings

 Good evening! Hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Winter is upon us. We have had temps below freezing all week and the snow is hanging around.

My post today is to show a project made for the House Mouse challenge, their optional theme this time is New Beginnings and what is more new than a new baby:


This card is made in layers I used an A7 card base and an A2 one. I cut 3/4 in from the front of the A7 card and matted the front and inside with teal card stock and design paper, a length of ribbon was glued to the center of the card under the inside layers. I stamped the super cute image onto stamping card and colored it with Copic markers. The edges were then inked with distress oxide to coordinate with A7 card. I then took the A2 card base and turned it around so it opened from the left. I matted the inside with the same cardstock and design paper. I then glued a length of ribbon to the back of this and then the card base was glued inside the A7 base:


I wrapped the ribbon around the front of the A2 card and glued my stamp card in place. This gave me a card that opens in multiple layers from opposite sides.
Finally I added a matted sentiment to the inside.


The ribbon then ties at one side to keep it all together.

As I said previously I am entering this card into the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge

Thanks for stopping by and if you love what you see please let me know in the comments.











4 comments:

April said...

Your card is so cute with the fun folds! I love the plaid paper. I also love the saying inside. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Bunny said...

What a great card for new parents. This is so cute. The inside sentiment is one I really like. Your coloring is really lovely. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Sharon :-) the image is adorable and your coloring is amazing!! the papers and multifold are gorgeous and the sentiment is so sweet, altogether very very lovely :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Sue from Oregon said...

Such a great fun fold! Loving your great shading around your sweet image! Thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC! ♥ Sue Kment